Edwards Polycold® PGC Gas Chiller requires no pre-cooling
This Gas Chiller cools compressed dry gases, such as nitrogen, argon or air, from ambient to cryogenic temperature without pre-cooling.
PGC Gas Chillers are closed-loop refrigeration systems that cool a non-recirculating gas stream using a refrigerant to gas tube-in-tube heat exchanger.
Using the Edwards Polycold auto-cascade refrigeration cycle technique with a mixed refrigerant, PGC Gas Chillers enable you to cool dry gas to temperatures between -75°C and -125°C without sacrificing high flow rates.
PGC Gas Chillers are suitable for many applications, including thermal testing of electronics, cold gas venting of vacuum chambers, rheology, and low-temperature characterisation of materials.
They are the most cost-effective systems available for cooling a gas stream in an ultra-low temperature range (-75° to -125°C/ -103° to -193°F/198 to 148 K) without the cost, risk or inconvenience of liquid nitrogen.
- Free standing, compact size
- Rated for continuous operation
- Shipped ready to operate
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Single compressor for reliable performance
- 50 or 60 Hz operation, single phase
- Power switch and eight-foot power cord
- Patented refrigerant gases
- PGC Gas Chillers are CE compliant, SEMI S2 compliant, and US EPA-SNAP approved. Proprietary and patented Polycold® refrigerant mixtures are fully compliant with current European environment regulations