Edwards is committed to excellence in the management of EHS. There are no higher priorities for us than the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors, customers and the protection of the environment.
One way in which we apply this is by having strong systems in place to ensure that our products are safe for customers and the environment. We also design our products to comply with all relevent product safety and environmental laws and standards.
Edwards has strong product safety management systems, including:
Edwards policy is to eliminate any forseeable injury or damage associated with the use of its products by ensuring we only market safe products.
This is achieved by employees adhering to the minimum standards contained in the company's product safety procedures such as:
- All departments understanding and complying with their responsibilites contained in the product safety manual
- Products being designed and reviewed in accordance with the Product Safety and Compliance Review Procedure
- Products meeting relevent product safety laws and standards in the territories into which they are sold
- Giving consideration to their environmental impact during initial design review
- Customers receiving clear communication regarding any safety issues relating to the delivery, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal of products
- Product safety incidents being given priority, and investigated promptly in accordance with the Product Safety Complaints Procedure
Products meeting relevant product safety laws and standards in the territories into which they are sold. Edwards works actively with a number of industry associations
to develop technology and industry safety standards.
The development of safe and environmentally acceptable products is continuous.